The Pennfield School is an independent day school for boys and girls in Nursery to Grade 8.
Under the direction of Head of School Rob Kelley, The Pennfield School is located on 19 acres of property abutting the Aquidneck Island Land Trust's Sakonnet Greenway Trail and Glen Farm.
For more information about the Pennfield School, visit the School's Web site.
- Fax: 401-847-6720
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking
- Number of students: 184
- Male-to-female ratio: 99 boys and 85 girls
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: No
- Graduation rate (%): 100
- Accreditation/licenses: Accredited by the Association of Independent Schools of New England (AISNE) and belongs to the Independent School Association of Rhode Island (ISARI) and the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS).
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 8:1 student to teacher ratio
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 38 faculty and administrators
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The School is very engaged within the local community. We frequently hold fundraisers/food drives for local organizations, and representatives visit often to educate the community about local and international issues.
- What makes this community special?: The mission of The Pennfield School is to create an inclusive community of dedicated learners, where students are given a foundation and appreciation for the joyful pursuit of understanding, while fostering respect for oneself and others as a way of life.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: Nursery to Grade 8
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Many extracurricular activities are available. Students participate in Student Government, Admissions, Mock Trial, theatre, horseback riding, ski/snowboard club, chinese classes and others. For additional information, visit the School's Web site.
- Sports teams: Soccer, Cross-Country, Basketball, Lacrosse
- Age range: Age 3 as of September for Nursery
- Boarding: No