Sandy Point Beach is a shallow beach located on the Sakonnet River.
The beach is free for town residents with an approved sticker, which is provided by the town. Admission for nonresidents is $7 during the week and $12 on the weekends.
The beach features restrooms, changing rooms, and picnic tables. Lifeguards are on duty from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Hours: Lifeguards are on duty Memorial Day through Labor Day from 9am to 4:30pm every weekend and during the week once school closes for the year (usually mid-June).
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking
- Parking: Paid lot
- Public/Private: Public
- Type: River
- Beach pass information: The beach is free for residents with a sticker. Resident stickers are available at the Town Clerk’s office or by calling (401) 683-2101. The cost for non-residents is $7 during the week; $12, weekends; and $50 for a season pass.
- Common activities: Picnicking, Snorkeling
- Facilities: Restrooms, Showers
- Cars allowed: Yes