Newport County Chamber of Commerce
Serving Newport, Middletown, Portsmouth, Tiverton, Jamestown and Little Compton, the Newport County Chamber of Commerce helps promote tourism, business, civic, economic vitality and new economic initiatives to benefit the local business climate. The chamber has more than 1,200 member companies employing more than 10,000 workers throughout Newport County and greater Rhode Island.
Tourists and visitors can stop by the chamber or visit its comprehensive Web site for guidance on Newport's many attractions, lodging, dining, shopping, leisure activities and more. Local businesses can take advantage of various programs, economic research, regular meetings, local job listings, referrals, networking, and special events to help promote, sustain and grow their own businesses.
Additionally, the chamber sponsors the Newport County Community Fund to assist local non-profit organizations annually. In 2010, the Potter League for Animals in Middletown was one such recipient.
For more information and complete programming services, please visit its Web site.
- Fax: 401-849-5848
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed; not open on major holidays
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp to front door, stairs have chair lift
- Founding Date: Jan 01 1927
- What makes this community special?: The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is one of Rhode Island's largest business advocacy organizations formed to enhance the business, civic and economic vitality of Newport County and Greater Rhode Island.
- Parking: Free lot
- Type: Public policy
- Mission: The Newport County Chamber of Commerce is one of Rhode Island's largest business advocacy organizations formed to enhance the business, civic and economic vitality of Newport County and Greater Rhode Island.
- Annual dues: For current dues: http://www.newportchamber.com
- Membership requirements: Please visit: http://www.newportchamber.com/members/default.asp or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Meetings: Monthly