Today is Labor Day, a federal holiday and also the unofficial end of summer.
While there is sure to be activity at beaches today, not every office will be up and running.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Monday, Sept. 2.
U.S. Post Office — The post office will be closed all day today. The Chase Road lobby will remain open for residents to access their p.o. box. There will also be no mail delivery today.
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed all day
Portsmouth schools — Closed all day
Portsmouth Transfer Station — The transfer station is closed today.
- Clements' Market will be open and operate under regular hours.
- The Green Grocer will be open regular hours.
Most Restaurants and Stores
Most restaurant and stores will be open regular hours today at owner's discretion, but you might want to call ahead to double check. A full list of Portsmouth businesses can be found in our directory here.
Banks will be closed.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will operate under its holiday schedule on Monday. To view schedules, click here.
- All state offices are closed today, according to the Secretary of State's Office.
Federal Offices, Stock Market
- Most federal offices will not operate today. The stock market is also closed today.