Now that the Christmas shenanigans are over, the presents unwrapped and the eggnog all sipped, what's left to do but to pack up the ornaments and dispose of the Christmas tree.
But what to do with the tree?
The DPW will pick up discarded Christmas trees using the following schedule this year.
PLEASE NOTE: The schedule was pushed back one day due to inclement weather.
The following schedule was updated on Tuesday, Jan. 7.
Tuesday, Jan. 7
- Precinct 2702 and 2703. These are your precincts if you voted at: Portsmouth Senior Center and Common Fence Point Community Hall
Wednesday, Jan. 8
- Precinct 2704. You voted at Portsmouth High School.
Thursday, Jan. 9
- Precinct 2705 and 2706. You voted at Melville school or Town Hall.
Friday, Jan. 10
- Precinct 2707. You voted at St. Barnabas Church.
- Precinct 2708. You voted at Portsmouth Middle School.
Trees must be placed at curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
Trees must not be in plastic bags and must be totally stripped of ALL decorations and tinsel.
Residents can also bring Christmas trees to the Department of Public Works located off Hedly Street. Trees will NOT be accepted at the Transfer Station.
Trees will be recycled into mulch that will be available free of charge to Portsmouth residents.
For more information on when mulch is available, contact the at 682-2424.