The newly-formed group Occupy Portsmouth plans to make quite the appearance in town next week.
Starting Monday, March 26, the group will hold a "Week of Visibility," a series of events and protests leading up to .
"These protests and events have the purpose of raising the visibility level of Occupy Portsmouth," according to a press release issued by Occupy Portsmouth.
The first of such events will be a protest outside the Portsmouth Town Council meeting Monday night. The group also plans to protest at the School Committee meeting, as well as protest a later in the week.
The following events and protests are planned this week, as stated in the release:
- Monday, March 26 — Occupy . The group will occupy the Town Council meeting on this night. The Occupy meeting is from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. They say they will meet at the cannon outside Town Hall at 6:45 p.m. (This is a protest action)
- Tuesday, March 27 — Occupy the School Committee. The group will occupy the School Committee meeting on Tuesday. The meeting is at 7 p.m. at the library. The group will meet outside the front doors at 6:45. (This is a protest action)
- Wednesday, March 28 — Occupy the Night. "We want everyone to post our new flyer around town. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a copy of the flyer. Do it during the night hours," according to the release.
- Thursday, March 29 — Occupy the Democratic Party. "The Democrats are a part of the problem and as such we will occupy ," according to the release from Occupy Portsmouth. The group will meet outside on East Main Road at 6:45 p.m. The forum begins at 7 p.m. and runs until 8:30 p.m. (This is a protest action)
- Friday, March 30 — Occupy . "Come down to Patriots Park from 6 to 7:30 p.m. to mingle with others and talk about the issues affecting you, the town, the state, the nation and the globe," the release states.
- Saturday, March 31 — The group will take a field trip to the Occupy Providence General Assembly on Saturday, at 2 p.m. They have yet to announce the location, but the group will spread the word once they find it out.
- Sunday, April 1 — Occupy Common Fence Point. The group will hold another forum like the one on Friday, March 30, but this time at the CFP playground/park from 5 to 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 2 — Occupy the Web. The group will spread the word about the General Assembly and the occupation in general over the Internet. Twitter, Facebook, e-mail, message boards, and more.
- Tuesday, April 3 — General Assembly. The group will hold a Facilitation Working Group Meeting from 4:45 to 5:30 p.m. at Patriots Park. The General Assembly will begin at 5:30 and run until 7 p.m. at Patriots Park.