The following is a list of arrests made by the Portsmouth Police Department from Saturday, Sept. 18, through Tuesday, Sept. 21. The information provided is based solely on police reports.
- Marc Sanford, 23, of 87 Dighton Ave., Portsmouth, and Michael Baker, 30, of Tiverton, were both arrested Saturday, Sept. 18, in connection with a reported breaking and entering of a house on North Water Street. Baker was charged with conspiracy to commit a breaking and entering, a felony. Sanford was charged with breaking and entering of a dwelling and larceny over $500, a felony. Police responded to the North Water Street neighborhood for a report of a breaking and entering, which occurred around 2:15 a.m. Saturday. No one was home at the time of the break-in. According to police, an alert neighbor told police she had seen a "male running from the area carrying items," said Lt. Brian Peters. "As she was describing the vehicle, the officer observed a vehicle matching the description pass by." The vehicle, operated by Baker, was later stopped around 2:45 a.m. According to police, Baker had allegedly driven Sanford to the residence on North Water Street. The intruder allegedly used force to break into the house. The suspect then took off with several electronics, including computers and DVDs. The items were recovered later in nearby bushes, police said. Officers, with assistance from Tiverton police, searched the neighborhood Saturday on foot for the suspect. Sanford was later arrested at his residence. Both Sanford and Baker are being held without bail.
- Jennifer King, 28, of Tiverton, was arrested Saturday, Sept. 18, at approximately 12:20 a.m. after the vehicle she was operating was stopped for allegedly speeding and driving erratically. King was charged with driving under the influence (DUI), first offense. According to police, a strong odor of alcohol was detected coming from the vehicle. King was given a field sobriety test at the scene, which she failed, police said. She was later transported to the police station, where she allegedly failed a chemical test, according to Peters. King will be arraigned in court on Thursday, Sept. 23.
- Derek Correia, 41, of 21 Easton Ave., Portsmouth, was arrested Saturday, Sept. 18, shortly after 1 a.m. outside the Beach House on Park Avenue. According to police, officers received a report of a group of individuals standing outside the bar after it closed at 1 a.m. The group was heard "speaking loudly and yelling across the street," according to Peters. An officer responded and apparently asked Correia to stop. The suspect allegedly then began to curse at the officer. Correia was arrested at the scene and charged with disorderly conduct. He will be arraigned Thursday, Sept. 23, in Second District Court.
- Andrew Turcotte, 18, of Little Compton, was arrested Saturday, Sept. 18, at approximately noon. Turcotte was charged with breaking and entering, and larceny under $500. The arrest stemmed from an incident that occurred on Aug. 3 at Allen's Wines and Spirits. According to police, the suspect allegedly stole a case of beer from the liquor store. The incident was recorded on the store's video surveillance system. Police obtained a warrant for Turcotte, who was arrested by Middletown police Saturday. Turcotte was later transported to the Adult Correctional Institutions (ACI) in Cranston after failing to post bail.
- Starr Heymann, 20, of 53 Viking Drive, Portsmouth, was arrested Tuesday, Sept. 21, at approximately 12:55 a.m. at the Island Tap. Heymann was wanted on a bench warrant for failure to appear at a pretrial hearing. An officer observed the suspect at the Island Tap and was aware of the warrant, police said. Heymann was arrested at the scene. Heymann was schedule to appear at a hearing on the following previous charges: simple assault, domestic, and refusal to relinquish a telephone, domestic. These charges were issued by Woonsocket police.