Nicole Bessette, 30, of an unknown address, was arrested around 1:48 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26, for disturbing the peace and road obstruction charges.
Police were dispatched to Bellevue Avenue for a report of a woman in the street who was yelling and hitting cars as they passed.
Reports said that when police arrived, Bessette was lying down in the middle of Bellevue near Touro Park.
A witness told police he saw Bessette walking in the center of Bellevue swinging her purse at cars. He said she also fell in the street several times.
Man charged with vandalism for tagging signs
William L. Boynton, Jr., 26, of 35 Elm St., Newport, was arrested around 10:50 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26, for two charges of vandalism.
Police were dispatched to the Gateway Center for a report that two people had been tagging a sign on Bridge Street.
Police stopped Boynton, who reportedly had a paint pen in his pocket. Reports said he admitted to writing “Jaws” on a parking sign near the Marriot.
- Davene Williams, 25, of Newport, was arrested around 11:30 a.m. on Wednesday, June 27, for a domestic simple assault charge.
- Terry E. Johnson, 40, of 24 Pearl St., was arrested around 1:10 a.m. on Tuesday, June 27, for a sidewalk obstruction charge.
- Aaron Ames, 36, of 144 Carolina Back Rd., Charlestown, was arrested around 1:48 p.m. on Tuesday, June 27, for a sidewalk obstruction charge.
- Michellay S. Smith, 22, of 231 Maple Ave., Newport, was arrested around 10:45 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26, for an active warrant.
- Douglas Zangre, 20, of 64 S. Bay Ave., Brightwaters, N.Y., was cited around 12:45 a.m. on Thursday, June 28, for misrepresentation of age.
- Shannan Halliday, 18, of 22 Summer St., Newport, was arrested around 2:45 a.m. on Thursday, June 28, for violating conditions of a family court order.
The above reports detail arrests made by the . Descriptions of all events are based solely on police officer reports provided to Patch.