Old Man Winter keeps storming into Portsmouth and leaving a big mess for us to clean up.
But can you turn ugly into art?
We're seeking your photos of piles of dirty snow or other signs of winter ugliness from your neighborhood or travels around Portsmouth.
- Photos cannot be taken from on the street. (We don't want anyone getting hurt, so stay on the sidewalks, parking lots, yards, parks, etc.)
- Multiple submissions are OK, but they have to be photos of different subjects.
- Do NOT stand on any piles of snow. (You'll be disqualified. It's tough love. Again, no getting hurt.)
- BONUS POINTS: Photos of you or your gullible friends standing in front of the piles making ugly faces will give you a huge advantage during judging.
- MORE BONUS POINTS: YouTube videos of you speaking, rapping, haiku-ing or performing interpretive dance while standing before your muse would certainly give you a HUGE advantage during judging.
- The deadline to submit your amazing art and/or video is Saturday at noon.
- Winners will be announced Monday on Portsmouth Patch.
How to Submit:
- Load your photos below or post your YouTube video link in the comments box.
- Along with posting your photo, tell us where the photo/video was taken in Portsmouth.
- Multiple submissions are OK, so long as they're different photo subjects around town.
What's in it for you? A nice $10 gift certificate for Custom House Coffee to grab yourself a nice cup o' cocoa or something else to warm you up...And hopefully a newfound appreciation for tall piles of brown snow to get you through the winter.