Now that the Christmas shenanigans are over, the presents unwrapped and the eggnog all sipped, what's left to do but to pack up the ornaments and dispose of the Christmas tree.
But what to do with the tree?
The will pick up discarded Christmas trees using the following schedule this year:
Monday, Jan. 9
- Precinct 2702, 2703 and 2704. These are your precincts if you voted at: (2702), (2703), (2704)
Tuesday, Jan. 10
- Precinct 2705 and 2706. You voted at: (2705), (2706)
Wednesday, Jan. 11
- Precinct 2707 and 2708. You voted at: (2707), (2708)
Thursday, Jan. 12
- Precinct 2709 and 2710. You voted at: (2709), (2710)
Friday, Jan. 13
- Precinct 2712. You voted at: (2712)
Trees must be placed at curbside by 7 a.m. on your collection day.
Trees must not be in plastic bags and must be totally stripped of ALL decorations and tinsel.
Residents can also bring Christmas trees to the Department of Public Works located off Hedly Street. Trees will NOT be accepted at the Transfer Station.
Trees will be recycled into mulch that will be available free of charge to Portsmouth residents.
For more information on when mulch is available, contact the at 682-2424.