- Today will be breezy but with sunny skies and temperatures up to 78 degrees. The rest of the weekend offers similar temperatures with showers possible on Saturday.
- Don't forget to visit the local Farmer's Markets this weekend to see what's fresh and in season. There are several nearby in Bristol: The market at Colt State Park is open Friday afternoon; the Indie Growers Farmstand is open at 3 pm Friday at 255 Metacom Ave., Bristol, and the Mount Hope Farm Farmer's Market is open Saturday morning in Bristol, with special activities, from 9 am to noon. the Sakonnet Growers Farmer's Market is at Tiverton Four Corners on Saturday.
- If you feel like driving just isn't what it used to be, take a look at Coaching Weekend in Newport. Watch horse drawn coaches make drives through Newport and on the grounds of the mansion.
- Dont' forget to catch a Polo match before summer's over! This weekend features the USA Vs. Jamaica, with an optinal Jamaican Jerk Grill dinner available for purchase.
- The Portsmouth police union, IBPO #302, is offering a fundraising night of comedy at Green Valley Country Club tonight, Friday, Aug. 17.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something