- Today will be breezy but with sunny skies and temperatures up to 78 degrees. The rest of the weekend offers similar temperatures with showers possible on Saturday.
- Don't forget to visit the local Farmer's Markets this weekend to see what's fresh and in season. There are several nearby in Bristol: The market at Colt State Park is open Friday afternoon; the Indie Growers Farmstand is open at 3 pm Friday at 255 Metacom Ave., Bristol, and the Mount Hope Farm Farmer's Market is open Saturday morning in Bristol, with special activities, from 9 am to noon. the Sakonnet Growers Farmer's Market is at Tiverton Four Corners on Saturday.
- If you feel like driving just isn't what it used to be, take a look at Coaching Weekend in Newport. Watch horse drawn coaches make drives through Newport and on the grounds of the mansion.
- Dont' forget to catch a Polo match before summer's over! This weekend features the USA Vs. Jamaica, with an optinal Jamaican Jerk Grill dinner available for purchase.
- The Portsmouth police union, IBPO #302, is offering a fundraising night of comedy at Green Valley Country Club tonight, Friday, Aug. 17.