- Today's forecast calls for sunny skies with a high of 87 degrees.
- Today Rhode Island observes Victory Day (formerly known as VJ Day), the anniversary of the Allied Forces' victory over Japan during War World War II, following the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945. Government offices and libraries are closed, but many restaurants, retail stores and other businesses may be open.
- The Audubon Society of RI's Environmental Education Center is open with special activities.
- The Portsmouth Business Association is having a Business After Hours at Greenvale Vineyards on Aug. 16 at 5:30 pm. Please RSVP.
- Pruitt Chiropractic continues its School Supply Drive this month. Read about it