One stingy, literary character once asked, "You boy, what day is it today?" Why, it's Christmas Day, sir. And, since it is Christmas Day, there are many local businesses closed.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Tuesday, Dec. 25:
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location) — Closed; no mail delivery today
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed
Portsmouth Transfer Station — Closed
Portsmouth public schools — Closed winter break. School administration building is also closed.
- Clements Market — Closed
- The Green Grocer — Closed
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms — Both Cumberland Farms will be open regular hours.
- Rite Aid (both locations in town) — Closed
- CVS/Pharmacy — Store will close early at 8 p.m.; the pharmacy is closed all day.
- Irving Gas/Bossman Burgers — Closed
- Custom House Coffee — Closed
- Cindy's Country Cafe — Closed
- Reidy's Family Restaurant — Closed
- Dunkin' Donuts — The Dunkin' Donuts at 3001 East Main Road is open until 1 p.m.; the West Main Road location is closed.
Most Restaurants and Stores
Most restaurant and stores will be closed today at owner's discretion, but you might want to call ahead to double check. A full list of Portsmouth businesses can be found in our directory here.