St. Columba’s Chapel of Middletown, RI is hosting their 21st Annual English Garden Party on Saturday, June 2, 2012 from 1:00 pm until 5:00 pm (rain or shine) on the church grounds at 55 Vaucluse Avenue (off of Indian Avenue) in Middletown, RI. Parishioners look forward to welcoming visitors and have been busy preparing for a scrumptious tea (complete with scones and Devonshire cream), creating flower arrangements, potting plants and baking. Proceeds raised from the Silent Auction and from the Raffles will help support local charitable organizations.
The cost of the Devonshire Cream Tea is $10 per adult. This year’s Children’s Tea is certain to be “An Earthmoving Experience” and costs $5 per child including a show/workshop presented by Pow!Science! Tickets to the teas can be purchased in advance in the church office, Mon-Fri 9am – 4pm.
Admission to the Garden Party is free and open to the public. There is something for everyone and all ages are welcome! Other activities on the event day include:
- Pow!Science! will enlighten and entertain kids with demonstrations in the Science of Natural Disasters (Earthquakes, Tornados & Volcanos). Showtime is 2:00 pm in the children’s tent.
- Children’s games, pony rides, balloon animals, and a petting zoo
- Jr. Raffle (prize $100 iTunes gift card)
- Plant and Garden Booth
- Barbershop Quartet performances throughout the day
- Performance by the Ladies of the Rolling Pin at 3:30 pm
- A treasure trove of donated items and children’s gently used toy sale
- A pantry tent, featuring locally baked goods and gourmet delights
- A Book, CD and DVD sale
- Hat Contest – think “Royal Wedding”
- Silent auction with generously donated items from local businesses and artists
- Raffle – including an iPad3 and a Bic Sport Tobago Kayak