Today is Columbus Day, a federal holiday. Here's a look at what's open and closed this Monday.
U.S. Post Office — The post office will be closed all day. The Chase Road lobby will remain open for residents to access their p.o. box. There will also be no mail delivery today.
Portsmouth public schools — Closed today
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed all day
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed all day
Portsmouth Transfer Station — The transfer station is closed.
Portsmouth Multi Purpose Senior Center — Closed all day
- Clements' Market, 2575 East Main Road, will be open and operate under regular hours.
- The Green Grocer, 934 East Main Road, will be open regular hours.
Most Restaurants and Stores
Most restaurant and stores will be open regular hours today at owner's discretion, but you might want to call ahead to double check. A full list of Portsmouth businesses can be found in our directory here.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will operate under its holiday schedule on Monday. To view schedules, click here.
- All state offices are closed today, according to the Secretary of State's Office.
Federal Offices, Stock Market
- Most federal offices will not operate today. The stock market is also closed today.