Invite a friend
Learn How to Fix Your Favorite Comfort Foods with Jeannette Bessinger
Learn how to fix your favorite comfort foods with Jeannette Bessinger.
Whole foods chef Jeannette Bessinger will transform the comfort foods you crave into good-for-you dishes without sacrificing an ounce of taste by:
- cutting back on sugar to lower blood sugar impact.
- increasing fiber and protein.
- boosting nutrients with added fruits and vegetables.
- focusing on higher-quality fats such as olive oil.
- reducing calories by reducing overall fat.
The result? Delicious new classics such as: Fresh Phyllo Chicken Pot Pie; Higher-Protein, Lower-Cal Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo; Whole-Grain Home-Grilled Pizza; Satisfying Real-Food Pumpkin Pancakes; Lower-Cal
Loaded Potato Skins; and Grass-Fed Italian Feta Meatballs in Tomato Sauce. Your taste buds—and your health—will thank you!
More About Portsmouth Free Public Library
Built in 1897, the Portsmouth Free Public Library provides information, services and a circulation of 75,000 articles, including books, tapes and videos, to the residents of Portsmouth. The 9,515 sq. ft. structure is owned and operated by the corporation, the Portsmouth Free Public Library Association. The children's room is located downstairs, while the computer area, reference and study area are situated on the main floor.The library provides a variety of services and classes. For further information, please see the library's website at www.portsmouthlibrary.org.
Other events here
- Saturday Book Club Sat, Jun 1, 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Comic Craziness with Eric Fulford Tue, Jun 25, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Story Time July 2, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / July 9, 2013 / July 10, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / July 23, 2013 / July 24, 2013 / July 31, 2013, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Bird Brains Mon, Jul 8, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Fused Glass Fun Wed, Jul 17, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Magic with the Great Baldini Mon, Jul 22, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Meet the Animals Tue, Jul 30, 10:00 am–11:00 am