Invite a friend
Alzheimer's Listening Session at Portsmouth Free Publ
Are you or someone you know impacted by Alzheimer’s Disease? We want to hear about it… The State of Rhode Island is taking bold action to confront the most common form of dementia – Alzheimer’s Disease and related disorders affecting more and more Rhode Islanders every day.
The first in a series of Listening Sessions will be held at Portsmouth Free Public Library, 2658 East Main Road, Portsmouth, on Tuesday, November 27 at 6:00 PM. We’re inviting care-givers, healthcare providers, family members and anyone impacted by the disease to tell their story and provide vital input toward an informed comprehensive state plan to address this important public health issue.
This program is free and open to the public. The program is hosted by the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Department of Elderly Affairs and the Alzheimer's Association RI Chapter. No advance registration is required.
More About Portsmouth Free Public Library
Built in 1897, the Portsmouth Free Public Library provides information, services and a circulation of 75,000 articles, including books, tapes and videos, to the residents of Portsmouth. The 9,515 sq. ft. structure is owned and operated by the corporation, the Portsmouth Free Public Library Association. The children's room is located downstairs, while the computer area, reference and study area are situated on the main floor.The library provides a variety of services and classes. For further information, please see the library's website at www.portsmouthlibrary.org.
Other events here
- Saturday Book Club Sat, Jun 1, 11:30 am–12:30 pm
- Comic Craziness with Eric Fulford Tue, Jun 25, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Story Time July 2, 2013 / July 3, 2013 / July 9, 2013 / July 10, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / July 23, 2013 / July 24, 2013 / July 31, 2013, 10:00 am–10:30 am
- Bird Brains Mon, Jul 8, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Fused Glass Fun Wed, Jul 17, 10:00 am–11:00 am
- Magic with the Great Baldini Mon, Jul 22, 6:00 pm–7:00 pm
- Meet the Animals Tue, Jul 30, 10:00 am–11:00 am