Chiropractic is beneficial to EVERYONE! Veterans, particularly those overseas or on the front lines of defense, truly need the help of Chiropractic Physicians. Congress is taking heavy steps to make Chiropractic care available for war veterans. Currently, there is no coverage! So why is it important for veterans to be treated by a Chiropractic Physician?
- Carrying up to 100lbs of Equipment on Their Shoulders: The maximum weight recommended to carry on your shoulders/back is 10% of your body weight. So if you are a 180lb soldier, that’s only 18 lbs.! Think of the pressure this individual’s spine is under.
- High Levels of Stress: We all have stress in our lives, but how many of us have the stress of being shot at or fighting for our lives during the day?
- Gun Recoil. If recoil is strong enough, it can cause a whiplash motion to the neck causing injury to the spinal tissues.
- Chronic Dehydration: This is linked to chronic pain. The high heat and humidity overseas coupled with a soldier’s lack of clean water and high exercise, this can cause a major dehydration issue.
- Poor sleeping conditions. Some of the sleeping conditions are not optimal to get a good night’s rest. Your body heals and rejuvenates during your REM sleep so for many, this is not happening as it should.
Chiropractors are specialists in the Neuro-musculo-skeletal system (your spine, joints, muscles, nerves, etc.) It helps to optimize the body’s natural ability to heal through spinal or extremity joint realignments, soft tissue treatment, rehabilitation exercise, and proper nutrition.
The American Chiropractic Association is currently fighting hard to provide our veterans with Chiropractic Coverage. Please see the link below for more details.
New Horizon Chiropractic is stepping up to the plate to help! On July 3rd, Veterans will receive free treatment! Please see link below for more details.