Where is Waldo? He might just be hiding at your local grocery store.
The iconic children's literature character is celebrating his 25th birthday this year and local businesses want you to join the celebration with a unique contest.
"Our friend Waldo turns 25 this year and, to celebrate, he is hiding all over the island just waiting for you to find him," according to organizers.
Are you game? Here's how to play:
- Waldo is hiding in all the local businesses listed below in July. Go find him!
- When you spot him at any location, collect a card from that business.
- When you have six different cards, bring them to Island Books in Middletown to claim a Waldo button (for first 100 Waldo spotters).
- If you collect 12 of the possible 16 cards, turn in your cards at Island Books to get a Waldo button and be entered in a drawing for a six-book deluxe set of the Waldo books and other great Waldo prizes.
- Plan to attend a Find Waldo celebration and prize drawing at 3 p.m. on Wednesday, July 31, at Island Books, 575 East Main Road, Middletown.
For more information about the contest, call (401) 849-2665 or visit www.islandbooksri.com.
Patch also wants to know where you spot Waldo! Tell us just the location in the comment section below, but remember to not give away the exact spot so others have a chance to look!
Where you can spot Waldo on Aquidneck Island (click the blue link to find the business address and hours of operation)
Knitting Corner and Beadery
Custom House Coffee (Middletown location only)
Sweet Berry Farm
Norman Bird Sanctuary
Potter League for Animals
Aquidneck Growers' Market
Middletown Public Library