One stingy, literary character once asked, "You boy, what day is it today?" Why, it's Christmas Day, sir. And, since it is Christmas Day, there are many local businesses closed.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Saturday, Dec. 25:
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location only)—The post office will be closed all day today. There will also be no mail delivery today.
Portsmouth Free Public Library—Closed all day on Saturday, Dec. 25, and Sunday, Dec. 26. The library will reopen on Monday, Dec. 27.
Portsmouth Transfer Station—The transfer station will be closed all day on Christmas, Saturday, Dec. 25.
- Clements Market, 2575 East Main Road, will be closed all day on Saturday, Dec. 25.
- The Green Grocer, 934 East Main Road, will be closed all day on Saturday, Dec. 25.
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms, located at 1812 East Main Road, will be open on Saturday from 8 a.m. to midnight. The second Cumberland Farms in town, located at 3166 East Main Road, will also be open on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Rite Aid, with locations at 3034 East Main Road and 2465 East Main Road, will be closed all day on Saturday.
- CVS/Pharmacy at 10 Turnpike Ave. will be closed all day on Saturday, Dec. 25.
- Only select stores will be open on Christmas at the Irving Gas plaza, located at 3302 East Main Road. The gas station and convenience store will be closed on Christmas. The following will be open and closed:
- Custom House Coffee, located at West Main Road and King Charles Drive, will be closed on Christmas.
- Reidy's Family Restaurant, 3351 East Main Road, will be closed on Saturday, Dec. 25.
- Dunkin' Donuts at 3001 East Main Road will be open on Christmas Day from 6 a.m. to 1 p.m. The location on West Main will be closed Saturday.
- Honey Dew Donuts (as mentioned above) will be open from 6 a.m. to noon on Christmas.
- New China, located at 3288 East Main Road, will be open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday.
- The Beach House, 506 Park Ave., will operate during regular hours on Saturday.