What's Open and Closed in Portsmouth on Presidents' Day
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Monday, Feb. 21.
Today is Presidents' Day, a federal holiday which is also known as Washington's Birthday.
While there is sure to be activity at Newport's Winter Festival and it's clear from every TV commercial that car dealerships are definitely open, not every place will be up and running today.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Monday, Feb. 21:
U.S. Post Office—The post office will be closed all day today. The Chase Road lobby will remain open for residents to access their p.o. box. There will also be no mail delivery today.
Portsmouth public schools—Closed throughout this entire week, Feb. 21-25, for winter break.
Portsmouth Town Hall—Closed all day
Portsmouth Free Public Library—Closed all day
Portsmouth Transfer Station—The transfer station is open today.
Portsmouth Multi Purpose Senior Center—Closed all day
- Clements' Market, 2575 East Main Road, will be open and operate under regular hours.
- The Green Grocer, 934 East Main Road, will be open regular hours.
Most Restaurants and Stores
Most restaurant and stores will be open regular hours today at owner's discretion, but you might want to call ahead to double check. A full list of Portsmouth businesses can be found in our directory here.
- Citizens Bank, 3033 East Main Road, will be closed on Monday.
- BankNewport, 2628 East Main Road, will be closed.
- People's Credit Union, 2537 East Main Road, will be closed.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will operate under its regular schedule Monday. To view schedules, click here.
- All state offices are open today, according to the Secretary of State's Office.
Federal Offices, Stock Market
- Most federal offices will not operate today. The stock market is also closed today.