What's Open and Closed Today in Portsmouth for Veterans Day
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Monday, Nov. 12.
Veterans Day, a federal holiday which honors our nation's servicemen and women, fell on Sunday this year. However, many government agencies observe today as the holiday.
Many schools, government buildings and offices are closed today.
Here's a look at what's open and closed today, Monday, Nov. 12, in Portsmouth:
U.S. Post Office — The post office will be closed all day today. The Chase Road lobby will remain open for residents to access their p.o. box. There will also be no mail delivery today.
Portsmouth public schools — Closed all day today
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed all day
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed all day
Portsmouth Transfer Station — The transfer station is closed today.
Portsmouth Multi Purpose Senior Center — Closed all day
- Clements' Market, 2575 East Main Road, will be open and operate under regular hours.
- The Green Grocer, 934 East Main Road, will be open regular hours.
Most Restaurants and Stores
Most restaurant and stores will be open regular hours today at owner's discretion, but you might want to call ahead to double check. A full list of Portsmouth businesses can be found in our directory here.
- Citizens Bank, 3033 East Main Road, will be closed on Monday. However, branches located inside Stop & Shop supermarkets will remain open.
- BankNewport, 2628 East Main Road, will be closed.
- People's Credit Union, 2537 East Main Road, will be closed.
- Newport Federal Savings Bank, 1430 East Main Road, will be closed.
- Rhode Island Public Transit Authority (RIPTA) will operate under its Sunday/holiday schedule today. All Flex Services are cancelled on Veterans Day with the exceptions of Route 210 (Kingston Flex Service), which will run the regular weekend schedule. To view schedules, click here.
- All state offices are closed today, according to the Secretary of State's Office.
Federal Offices, Stock Market
- Federal offices are also closed today for the holiday.
- The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) will be open today. Veterans Day is not one the nine holidays observed by the stock market.