You might be running around on Christmas Eve trying to grab those last minute gifts or complete errands, but not all locations in town will be open for business. The Portsmouth Town Hall will be closed, as well as other public departments.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Saturday, Dec. 24:
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location) — Open regular hours
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed
Portsmouth Transfer Station — Closing early today at 2 p.m.
Portsmouth public schools — Closed on Christmas Eve through Jan. 3 for winter break. School administration building is also closed.
- Clements Market — Closing early at 6 p.m.
- The Green Grocer — Closing early at 6 p.m.
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms (both locations in town) — Open regular hours
- Rite Aid (both locations in town) — Closing early at 7 p.m.; pharmacy closing at 5 p.m.
- CVS/Pharmacy — Store will close at 10 p.m.; pharmacy closing at 6 p.m.
- Custom House Coffee — Open regular hours until 7 p.m.
- Cindy's Country Cafe — Closing early at noon
- Reidy's Family Restaurant — Closing around 3 p.m.
- Dunkin' Donuts — The Dunkin' Donuts at 3001 East Main Road will be open regular hours; the West Main location will close early at 6 p.m.
- New China — Open regular hours
- China Gourmet — Open regular hours
- Steve's Famous Pizza — Closing at 4 p.m.
- Chase Deli & Pizza Plus — Closing at 4 p.m.
- West Main Pizza — Closing at 2 p.m.
- The North End Pizzeria — Closed all day.
- Carmella's Pizzeria — Closing at 4 p.m.
- The Beach House — Closing at 6 p.m.
- Ferreira's Package Store — Closing at 9 p.m.
- Portsmouth Wine and Spirits (formerly Gleeson's Package Store) — Closing at 10 p.m.
- Moriarty's Liquor Locker — Closing at 10:30 p.m.