You might be running around on Christmas Eve trying to grab those last minute gifts or complete errands, but not all locations in town will be open for business. The Portsmouth Town Hall will be closing early, as well as other public departments.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Monday, Dec. 24:
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location) — Closing at noon
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closing at noon
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed
Portsmouth Transfer Station — Closing early today at 2 p.m.
Portsmouth public schools — Closed for winter break. School administration building is also closed.
- Clements Market — Closing early at 6 p.m.
- The Green Grocer — Closing early at 7 p.m.
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms (both locations in town) — Open regular hours
- Rite Aid (both locations in town) — Closing early at 7 p.m.; pharmacy closing at 5 p.m.
- CVS/Pharmacy — Store will be open regular hours
- Custom House Coffee — Closing early at 5 p.m.
- Cindy's Country Cafe — Closing early at noon
- Reidy's Family Restaurant — Closing around 3 p.m.
- Dunkin' Donuts — Both locations will close early today at 6 p.m.
Most Restaurants and Stores
Most restaurant and stores will be closing early today at owner's discretion, but you might want to call ahead to double check. A full list of Portsmouth businesses can be found in our directory here.