Happy New Year! Is it almost 2012? Really?
While some of us may be working this New Year's Eve, some local businesses and government offices will close early for the holiday.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Saturday, Dec. 31:
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location) — Closing at 1 p.m.
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed Saturdays
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed all day
Portsmouth Transfer Station — Closing at 4 p.m.
Portsmouth public schools — Closed through Jan. 3 for winter break. School administration building is also closed.
- Clements Market — Closing early at 6 p.m.
- The Green Grocer — Closing early at 6 p.m.
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms (both locations in town) — Open regular hours
- Rite Aid (both locations in town) — Open regular hours
- CVS/Pharmacy — Open regular hours
- Custom House Coffee — Open regular hours until 7 p.m.
- Dunkin' Donuts — The Dunkin' Donuts at 3001 East Main Road will be open regular hours; the West Main location will close early at 6 p.m.
- New China — Open regular hours
- China Gourmet — Open regular hours
- Steve's Famous Pizza — Closing at 9 p.m.
- Chase Deli & Pizza Plus — Closing at 8 p.m.
- West Main Pizza — Regular hours
- The North End Pizzeria — Closing at 8 p.m.
- Carmella's Pizzeria — Closing early
- The Beach House — Open until 2 a.m.
- Ferreira's Package Store — Closing at 10 p.m.
- Portsmouth Wine and Spirits (formerly Gleeson's Package Store) — Closing at 10 p.m.
- Moriarty's Liquor Locker — Closing at 10 p.m.
- Allen's Wine & Spirits — Closing at 8 p.m.