One stingy, literary character once asked, "You boy, what day is it today?" Why, it's Christmas Day, sir. And, since it is Christmas Day, there are many local businesses closed.
Here's a look at what's open and closed this Sunday, Dec. 25:
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location) — Closed
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed
Portsmouth Transfer Station — Closed
Portsmouth public schools — Closed through Jan. 3 for winter break. School administration building is also closed.
- Clements Market — Closed
- The Green Grocer — Closed
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms — Cumberland Farms at 3166 East Main Road is open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.; the store located at 1812 East Main Road is open regular hours.
- Rite Aid (both locations in town) — Closed
- CVS/Pharmacy — Store will close at 8 p.m.; the pharmacy is closed all day.
- Custom House Coffee — Closed
- Cindy's Country Cafe — Closed
- Reidy's Family Restaurant — Closed
- Dunkin' Donuts — The Dunkin' Donuts at 3001 East Main Road is open until 4 p.m.; the West Main location is closed.
- New China — Open regular hours
- China Gourmet — Open until 10 p.m.
- Steve's Famous Pizza — Closed
- Chase Deli & Pizza Plus — Closed
- West Main Pizza — Closed
- The North End Pizzeria — Closed
- Carmella's Pizzeria — Closed
- The Beach House — Closed
- Ferreira's Package Store — Closed
- Portsmouth Wine and Spirits (formerly Gleeson's Package Store) — Closed
- Moriarty's Liquor Locker — Closed