It may be Monday and the start of a new week, but for many, today is still part of the Christmas break!
Many employees are celebrating an extended holiday today since Christmas, this year, fell on a Sunday. This also means many businesses will be closed due to the holiday.
Here's a look at what's open and closed in Portsmouth this Monday, Dec. 26.
U.S. Post Office (Portsmouth location) — Closed today in observance of Christmas; no mail delivery today.
Portsmouth Town Hall — Closed
Portsmouth Free Public Library — Closed
Portsmouth Transfer Station — Closed (Hold onto all those wrappings and boxes for one more day!)
Portsmouth public schools — Closed through Jan. 3 for winter break. School administration building is also closed.
- Clements Market — Open special hours today, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- The Green Grocer — Open today from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Convenience Stores/Gas Stations
- Cumberland Farms (both locations in town) — Open regular hours
- Rite Aid (both locations in town) — Open regular hours
- CVS/Pharmacy — Open regular hours
- Custom House Coffee — Open regular hours
- Cindy's Country Cafe — Open regular hours
- Reidy's Family Restaurant — Open regular hours
- Dunkin' Donuts — Open regular hours