Tuesday: Board Games at the Library; Fourth Fun in Bristol
Here are five things you should know today in Portsmouth.
- The weather today should be mostly sunny with a high of 86 degrees, and clear tonight, with possible thunderstorms coming in for the Fourth of July. Fingers crossed for good weather!
- The library offers a session of board games and more for children in the reading program today.
- There's a lot going on tonight in Bristol as the town celebrates the Fourth of July in big style: The Drum Corps Competition is at 7 pm at Mt. Hope High School; the concerts take place starting at 6:30 at Independence Park, the Carnival is on the Town Common, the Navy Ship is open for tours - and Fireworks start at about 9:30 pm in Bristol Harbor. See our Patch calendar of events for more information.
- Free chiropractic checks for veterans are being offered at 1 pm today at New Horizon Chiropractic and Wellness.
- The annual Portsmouth Rotary Classic Car & Corral Show is coming up this Sunday at The Glen, from 10 am to 4 pm.