This Weekend: Memorial Day, Jazz, Polo!
Here are five things you should know heading into this long weekend in Portsmouth.
- First, a look at the weather for this Memorial Day weekend: some sun, but there's a chance of showers/thundershowers at times. A high temperature of 79 degrees is predicted for Saturday.
- The Newport Rotary Charity Polo Match is Saturday afternoon at The Glen. All proceeds benefit Rotary's charities, and Rotary volunteers have been hard at work planning and staffing this event.
- The Greenvale Vineyards Jazz Series is from 1 to 3 pm in the Tasting Room.
- The Audubon Society's Environmental Education Center in Bristol offers special activities on Monday, Memorial Day.
- The Mt. Hope Farm Outdoor Farmers' Market in Bristol is open Saturday. IndieCycle will be holding an electronics recycling drive to collect electronic waste including PCs, laptops, PDA's, cell phones, TVs, monitors, keyboards, and other electronics (anything with a wire), plus all types of lead batteries. Mini-fridges, air conditioners and dehumidifiers are accepted for a $10 disposal fee
- Related Topics: 5 things