PHS Freshmen Orientation To Be Held Thursday
The orientation will begin at 8 a.m. at the high school.
Portsmouth High School will conduct its annual Freshman Orientation Program at the school on Thursday, Aug. 23, starting at 8 a.m.
This is a very important program for students looking to get off to a positive start to their high school experience by:
- Receiving class schedules;
- Meeting student advisory groups, faculty advisors, and senior class mentors;
- Getting assigned student lockers;
- Touring the campus;
- Learning about extra-curricular activities;
- Getting introduced to PHS library/media services;
- Meeting guidance counselors;
- Preparing for School Spirit Week and Homecoming the week of Sept. 24
- Listening to the valuable advice of student leaders on how to get the most out of high school;
The program starts at 8 in the auditorium and concludes promptly at 11:30 a.m. Students are responsible for their own transportation.
The senior class invites all incoming freshmen to a cookout lunch in the PHS courtyard immediately following orientation.
For a cost of $15, students will receive lunch and a 2012-2013 academic planner. The lunch will conclude at 12:30 p.m.
Parents of ninth graders are invited to their own orientation program on the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 4, at 7 p.m. in the PHS auditorium.