It may be winter for another two weeks, but some parents are already thinking about summer and getting those kids out of the house.
Planning for summer camp can never be done too early, and Patch is here to help! Here's our list of the top summer camps in Portsmouth.
- Portsmouth Action for Youth—Located at Hathaway School, the camp has a different theme each week and includes trips to Sandy Point Beach and various field trips. Open to grades kindergarten to grade 8. For more information, call (401) 683-7899 or email@example.com.
- Glen Farm Equestrian Center—Learn to ride or sharpen your skills! Weeklong sessions focus on the essentials of horseback riding essentials from safety to grooming as well as riding lessons. All ages and skill levels. Click here for more info.
- Camp Invention-The Spark Program—Have fun and learn! For grades 1-6, this five-day camp at St. Philomena’s focuses on teaching children to solve real world problems using their imagination and creative thinking. Click here for more info.
- Beach Dogs Lacrosse Camp—Discover the “oldest team sport in America”! Suitable for grades 1-12, this five-day camp is held on the polo fields at Glen Farm in Portsmouth. For more info, click here.
- Portsmouth Youth Sailing Program—Learn to sail in the familiar water off Sandy Point Beach. Ages 5-14. Classes are half day (both a.m. and p.m. sessions) with different weeks allotted for different levels of experience. For more information, click here.
- Newport Gulls Baseball Summer Camp—It’s never too early to learn America’s National Pastime! Ages 6-12. All skill levels are welcome. Runs for five days, with two session held in Portsmouth. For more information, click here.
- Camp Happy Tails—Sponsored by The Potter League and the Newport YMCA, children learn about the animal kingdom through crafts, guest speakers and more. Grades 2-6. For more information, visit the Potter League Web site here.