The Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority board of directors met this morning for its monthly board meeting.
The board voted unanimously to table the discussion on new toll rates for the Newport Pell Bridge, which would raise rates to $5 for cash and un-discounted E-ZPass drivers and $1 for Rhode Island E-ZPass drivers, and its request to the Rhode Island General Assembly to allow RITBA to set toll rates for the Mount Hope Bridge, until its next meeting on Feb. 8.
See More on Patch
- RIBTA Re-Elects Darlington as Chairman, Waluk as Vice Chairman
- RITBA Sets Toll Rates for Sakonnet River Bridge; Collection To Begin in July
- Toll Discounts 'Unpalatable,' Says East Bay Legislator
- RITBA Releases Proposed Toll Rates for Sakonnet Bridge
- Turnpike and Bridge Authority To Hold Toll Workshops This Saturday